What does a physiotherapist do?
Physiotherapists are specifically trained in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries or conditions that lead to pain and discomfort. The physiotherapy team at SportsMed have a specific focus on active rehabilitation from injury and we have a large onsite gymnasium to ensure our clients achieve optimal outcomes.
What does that mean?
We are healthcare professionals who are trained to look at your body and find out what is really causing the problem and come up with a solution that will get you back to optimum health… quickly.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy aims to improve your function if it has been impaired by injury, illness or wear and tear.
What happens at a physio appointment?
- Your physiotherapist will take a detailed history and find out how your injury is affecting you.
- A thorough assessment of range of motion, strength and biomechanical issues.
- Your physiotherapist will provide a working diagnosis, using our multi disciplinary approach if required.
We will explain this to you in a user friendly way and answer any questions you might have.
- Set both long and short term goals for your personal recovery plan.
- Create an appropriate plan of treatment to meet these goals and re evaluate /update this regularly.
- If your recovery is not progressing as we would expect we will refer you on to an appropriate specialist
or seek a second opinion for you.
- Ensure appropriate follow up , especially in the area of injury prevention
- At all times your privacy will be respected, including full confidentiality of any information you provide to us.
What kind of Physio Services do you offer?
- Pre and Post Op Rehabilitation
- Gym Info
- Real Time Ultrasound
- Manual Therapy
- Acute Injury Management
- Back Care Program
- ACC Rehabilitation Contracts
- Work Site Assessments
- Manual Handling Education
- Muscle Balance Assessments
- Strapping / Kinesio Taping
- Running Technique
- Bike Set Up
How do I choose the right Physiotherapist for me?
Why Choose a SportsMed Physio?
How does that work?
Book an appointment with our physio team now:
Give us a call now on 0800 INJURY and take the first step to optimum health or fill out the contact form here and we’ll call you right back