Here is the SportsMed rehabilitation gym info.
- Monday – Thursday 8am-6.45pm
- Friday – 8am-5.45pm
- Saturday 9am-12.45pm
- Sunday (Closed)
- Public Holidays(Closed)
- 1 month $40 (casual)
- 3 months $114 (5% saving)
- 6 months $216 (10% saving)
- 12 months $408 (15% saving)
- No joining fee
- Personal trainer and gym membership package deals avaliable on request
- Free weights
- Machine weights
- Cardio area
- Boxing bag
- Specialised rehabilitation equipment
- Showers and changing rooms
- Air conditioning
- Car Parking
Also avaliable by appointment
- Performance coaching
- Running technique
- Cycle Analysis
- Acute and rehab physiotherapy
Gym Program for Gym Based Strengthening
We have a fully equipped gym with emphasis on rehabilitation. Our gym based qualified physiotherapists are able to devise a program which will help you regain strength and condition and will provide a muscle balance and biomechanical screening to highlight any injury risks and consider previous history of injuries. Gym programs are individualised and designed to provide a base for return to your full activities.
Back Care Program
If you have had repeated back problems or are recovering from a spinal injury ask about out back care program. This is an evidence based specialised program to improve strength, core stability and flexibility. The program is guided by a qualified physiotherapist and we have 6 and 12 week courses available.
Muscle Balance Assessements
A muscle balance assessment is an examination of muscle length, strength, joint movement and core stability to indentify areas of weakness that may cause present or future pain and injury. A program of exercises can be given to a maximise function and prevent injury.
We have physiotherapists with specialist training in pilates who can help you with an individual program, using floor based pilates. This is an exercise system that is focused on building strength without bulk, improving flexibility, and agility, and helping to prevent injury. The primary focus is on awareness of the spine, proper breathing, core strength and flexibility. The outcome of pilates training is a balanced body which is strong and supple, flat stomach, balanced legs, and strong back.
- Do not use gym equipment unless you have been supervised or directed by a physiotherapist or trainer
- Shoes are to be worn unless instructed otherwise
- Please bring your own towel and use to wipe down gym equipment
- If you feel faint or dizzy, stop exercise and inform a staff member
- Keep gym neat and tidy
- Please inform staff of any damaged or malfunctioning equipment