Looking for a nutritionist in Christchurch?
Our team of passionate Christchurch nutritionists are all about providing first class advice to help reach your nutritional goals.
What does a Nutritionist/Dietitian do?
Dietitians are clinically trained to assess the adequacy of your food intake in meeting your personal needs for optimal health and wellbeing.
Why a sports nutritionist/dietitian?
Do you offer nutrition advice for non – sports related patients?
What type of services do you provide?
- Weight loss
- Weight Gain
- Elevated Cholesterol
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Disordered eating
- Womens health
- Mens health
- Child and teenage nutrition
- Nutrition workshops and seminars
- School nutrition programmes
- Supermarket tours
- Body fat assessments
Can I get medical insurance cover on Nutrition Appointments?
You will need to check out your individual medical insurance cover.
How long are the nutrition appointments?
Our appointment time frames do vary depending on the nature and complexity of your nutritional needs. However in general, initial appointments are 45 minutes long and follow up appointments 15 minutes.
What happens at the appointment?
1. The dietitian will take a thorough history of from you, assess your nutrition goals and read any relevant referral material that you may bring along from perhaps your coach, trainer or GP. Bringing along a seven day food diary of all food and fluids consumed is very helpful too.
2. The dietitian will then complete a thorough nutrition assessment and formulate an individualised eating plan in consultation with you.
3. You will be set both long and short term goals as part of your personal nutrition progamme.
4. The dietitian will help you create an appropriate plan of action to meet these goals and will ensure appropriate follow up and support to ensure you are meeting your goals.
5. At all times your privacy to be respected, including full confidentiality of any information you provide to us.
What should I wear to the appointment?
Please wear your normal clothing except when you require a body fat assessment where shorts and a singlet type top will be required.
Do I have to book in advance?
Just give SportsMed a call and they will make you an appointment. You can request a male or female dietitian and also request a dieititan who has specific experience in a particular sport or medical condition.
How much do nutrition appointments cost?
Initial – 45min $150
Follow up – 15mins $50
How do I book an appointment?
Give us a call now or head to our appointments page and fill in the form